Boston Metro Area, MA
Responsibilities will include, but are not limit to, the following:
- Provides direct on-site early formulation development support to enable efficacy, PK, and toxicology studies for small molecule Drug Discovery efforts.
- Provides drug substance characterization including crystallinity assessment, solubility determination, and physicochemical stability evaluation.
- Offers solubility enhancement of poor water soluble compounds by applying various solubilization techniques.
- Develops understanding of the impact of physiochemical and solid state properties on drug candidate performance.
- Perform in-silico biopharmaceutical evaluation to support drugability assessment.
- Inform and influence drug discovery team finding new chemical entities with desirable physicochemical and biopharmaceutical properties.
- Recommends potential clinical formulation to the project team based on physicochemical and biopharmaceutical properties of the drug candidate.
- Demonstrated experience in discovery and preclinical support, preformulation screening, solid state characterization and aiding formulation design.
- Sound knowledge of pharmaceutical research and development process.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- M.S./Ph.D.(preferred) in pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical science, pharmaceutical chemistry or related scientific discipline required.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years experiences in pharmaceutical industry in drug discovery and development.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in discovery and preclinical support, preformulation screening, early formulation development, solid state characterization, and development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skill to collaborate with others on projects.