Atlanta Metro Area, GA
The scientist works in development, analysis, and troubleshooting on new and existing products. Duties encompass execution of testing of bulk and surface polymer properties in support of a variety of protocols, work flow scheduling, instrument maintenance, gauge improvement and assistance with new gauge development.
- Performs experiments in mechanical, surface and/or permeability techniques of polymers and contact lenses, including sample preparation, as well as associated calculations of results with minimal supervision, according to established SOPs or protocols.
- Responsible for instrument / equipment set-up, adjustment, operation, and maintenance including troubleshooting and advanced functionality assessment.
- Assists with design and development of new analytical gauges and methods to meet project needs.
- Applies fundamental level analysis to provide solutions to rudimentary problems arising within the department.
- Helps administer safety and quality systems for the laboratory, including maintaining documents and records for cGxP / OSHA compliance.
- Effective collaboration with cross functional team members
- B.S/M.S in science or engineering (preferred)discipline with 2+ year experience. Proficiency in English essential
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on experience with testing and data handling in an industrial or R&D laboratory setting required.
- Contact lens or medical device experience in mechanical, permeability and/or surface techniques testing preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel , Word, Powerpoint.
- Basic statistics desirable
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Key attention to details
- cGxP experience desirable