Boston Metro Area, MA
The position is for an imaging research scientist. The candidate will be providing non-clinical imaging expertise for R&D projects. The successful candidate needs to have hands-on MRI and/or PET/CT laboratory experience in preclinical studies. The candidate will be involved in the application of novel methods and must demonstrate a keen awareness of image acquisition, animal handling, lab skills, image analysis and data visualization to help advance the imaging methods. Clear, concise, and accurate communication skills are a requirement in order to communicate with the various research groups. The candidate is also expected to have excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ensure a safe and compliant laboratory environment
- Perform ex vivo and in vivo imaging experiments using MRI, etc.
- Manage daily study execution, including coordinating with other researchers and animal facility staff
- Acquire, store, and analyze imaging data from all imaging modalities
- Maintain records and SOPs of experimental procedures
- Write high-quality study report
The position requires a candidate who possesses an advanced degree (PhD; MSc/BSc with biomedical imaging experience may also be considerable) in an appropriate field of sciences or technologies such as translational / molecular imaging, biomedical engineering, digital data sciences, pharmacokinetics, or physical sciences with experience in biomedical research. Hands-on experience with animal MRI (especially Bruker MRI) and/or PET/CT etc. and image data analysis and visualization are required. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team-oriented setting are also required. Must enjoy independent scientific research and being a motivated team-player