Scientist I - PCR
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
The candidate will conduct DNA or RNA extraction from biological samples, run qPCR platforms for assay screening, interpret data and assess various automation systems. The successful applicant is required to exhibit a results orientated attitude with the ability to thrive in the fast paced environment of R&D environment. He/She will possess the technical capacity to develop experimental hypotheses, design and perform experiments, analyze data sets, and write protocols and reports. Furthermore, they will be expected to present their findings on a project level stakeholders.
- Possess basic molecular biology knowledge. qPCR experience is preferred.
- Possess basic sample prep knowledge. Experience with microbial samples is preferred.
- Capable of basic programing to run automated liquid dispensing systems.
- Capable of problem solving using knowledge of technical product details and design control.
- Design and conduct experiments independently and writes procedures, protocols and reports
- Possess strong computer skills and can manage and analyze data sets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Required - Bachelor s degree in bio engineering , Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar with
- Desired MS in Ph.D. in bio engineering, biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar with at least 1 years experience will be preferred.