Scientist - Oncology Assay Development
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Senior Associate Scientist with experience in immunology and immuno-oncology-based assays to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to the Immuno-Oncology field.
- Design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of the immunomodulatory effects of our novel compounds.
- Responsibilities will also include development of primary cell and cell-line based co-culture assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection.
- Experience with developing high-throughput screening assays a plus.
- Isolation of human primary cell populations
- Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
- Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds
Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years industry experience or Master s degree with at least 5 years industry experience.
Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cell biology, immunology/immune-oncology, and assay development.
Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) using single cells and co-culture cell models. Experience using single compound treatment and combination treatment studies is essential.
Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western, ELISA, immunoprecipitation), cell imaging (immunofluorescence, Incucyte, Cellomics), cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis
Experience with molecular biology techniques such as RNAi and/or CRISPR, RT-PCR, and lenti-viral work is a plus.