Scientist - Molecular Biology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists. Specific duties will include, but not limited to, running experiments on all ion torrent systems, running calibration tests, studying instrument to instrument variability, running automated sample prep robot, understanding the automated workflow, setting up sequencing runs with reagents, collecting and analyzing data. Would be helpful if understands how to construct new command scripts to enable new methods or protocols to improve workflows, but not required. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
Position requirements and skills:
- Continuing B.S. or M.S. in bioengineering, or molecular biology, or biochemistry
- In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with a variety of laboratory devices and instrumentation, including PCR, flow cytometry, microtrac particle analysis instruments would be a plus
- An individual with some hands-on experience with current molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, and enzymology) and DNA sequencing would be highly regarded in consideration for this position.
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Committed and enthusiastic about Next Generation sequencing programs
- Resourceful and flexible
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and trustworthy
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities