Scientist - Molecular Biology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
- The capillary electrophoresis R&D group has an open position for a scientist to work on the development of CE instrument systems and consumables for genetic analysis. PhD/Masters/Bachelors in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in developing products within a robust product development process and be comfortable working on prototype systems and consumables in the early stages of development.
- In addition, applicants should have some experience in developing and executing test plans for scientific instrumentation.
- The day-to-day duties of this position involve cross functional interaction with engineers and scientists from different disciplines so candidates must also have good communication skills. It is expected that a successful candidate has strong troubleshooting skills, demonstrates attention to detail, is disciplined to be action oriented and is a team player.
- Experience with general molecular biology techniques and in particular Sanger sequencing, capillary electrophoresis and PCR is preferred.