Scientist, Translational Development
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
Summary and Scope:
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist (B.S., M.S. or a Ph.D. level candidate) for a full-time contract position in the Translational Development & Diagnostics group. to conduct translational research in myeloid malignancies (i.e., acute myelogenous leukemia). This role presents an opportunity to interface with a group of scientists and clinicians.
The incumbent will work with cell-based assays and primary cell models to evaluate drug mechanisms of action and credential novel biomarkers, utilizing multiple assay formats (for example, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA sequencing methods), for implementation into clinical trials.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Independently design, plan and conduct lab-based experiments based on testable hypotheses
2. Drive and manage the development of biomarker assays internally and validation at contract research organizations.
3. Interface with cross functional areas, such as discovery research, biospecimen operations, and computational biology, to advance scientific objectives.
1. B.S. with 8+ years, M.S. with 5+ years, or Ph.D. with 0+ years post-degree experience.in cell and molecular biology, immunology, or a related discipline. Hematology/Oncology and/or epigenetics experience is preferred (but not a requirement).
2. Strong interest in translational research (biomarker implementation) and highly motivated to scientifically contribute to development of therapeutics for unmet medical needs.
3. A track record of rigorous bench research and independent thinking
4. Hands-on experience with cell culture, bone marrow and primary cells (AML and/or HSCs)
5. Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry assay work-up and data analysis (FACSDiva, FlowJo) is required.
6. Basic molecular biology skills: i.e., Western blot, DNA and RNA isolation, qPCR and transcriptional profiling (single cell or bulk RNAseq etc)
7. Ability to tackle complex technical issues and propose solutions
8. Self-motivated, ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
9. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organization skills, specifically.to manage externalized research.