Raleigh Metro Area, NC
Support Downstream Technical Development projects, including developing, defining, and implementing purification processes; driving continuous improvements; and providing commercial support for influenza vaccine production.
- Independently operate small scale bioprocess equipment, including filtration, TFF, centrifugation, and column chromatography systems.
- Continually and independently educate oneself on the correct operation and maintenance of laboratory bioprocess equipment used for protein purification.
- Collaboratively design and execute small scale experiments to define and characterize bioprocess steps.
- Work and thrive under tight deadlines on projects of varying size, demonstrating awareness of broader project objectives.
- Perform analytical testing (e.g., SDS-PAGE) to characterize/quantify vaccine antigens and contaminants.
- Understand and interpret experimental data and results to support decisions and understanding of purification processes.
- Understand and apply bioprocess scale-up strategies.
- Communicate (present, write-up in technical documents, etc.) results to colleagues and project teams.
- Solve complex problems using analytical thinking gained through formal education and previous roles.
- Function effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory equipment, instruments, and raw materials.
- Prepare experimental protocols, reports, and work instructions.
- Knowledge of bioprocess unit operations (e.g. bioreactors, chromatography, filtration) and engineering scaling principles
- Experience with GE AKTA chromatography systems/Unicorn software and lab/pilot scale TFF systems is desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of / expertise with analytical methods (e.g., SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, HPLC, ELISA, PicoGreen) is a plus
- Knowledge of GMPs preferred
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills, technical writing ability, and good attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor s Degree in related scientific or engineering field with 2 5+ years related industrial or academic experience.
Master s Degree in related scientific or engineering field with 0 2+ years related industrial or academic experience