Cambridge Metro Area, MA
Work independently in supporting senior group scientists on their projects as well as novel delivery technologies projects (time split between the two activities). Design, plan, and perform experiments in order to test hypotheses and advance understanding of fundamental scientific principles. Interpret and report results.
In detail, perform basic physchem characterization of new molecular entities, such as use of analytical techniques to confirm physical form, measurement of solubility and evaluation of chemical and physical stability. Develop formulations to support in vivo studies. Perform feasibility studies to assess novel delivery technologies for various internal projects. Carry out basic laboratory housekeeping activities such as preparation of buffers and mobile phases. Please note, CPP is not in a position to sponsor visas. Furthermore, this position does not meet the requirements for STEM extension for individuals in their OPT period.
Major Activities (Describe main activities)
- With minimal oversight from lead project scientist, design and perform scientific experiments.
- Interpret results, evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions and write reports.
- Report and present results internally.
- Utilize complex laboratory tools and equipment.
- Maintain infrastructure, equipment and required investments.
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team members.
- Work according to appropriate SOP s, HSE and company guidelines.
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance for this job is measured)
- Feedback from other team members and team leads.
- Adherence to standards, in particular, quality, ethical, health, safety, and environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) standards.
- Contribution to increasing the scientific understanding of the community
- Adherence to costs, quality, quantity and timelines for all assigned tasks.
Job Dimensions (Indicate key facts and figures)
Number of associates: None
Financial responsibility (Budget, Cost, Sales, etc.): Laboratory materials and equipment.
Impact on the organization: Drive understanding of fundamental science and capabilities
Ideal Background (State the required education and experience levels)
Education (minimum/desirable): Minimum: BS with at least 1-3 years of laboratory experience.
Desired: MS or PhD focused in pharmaceutical sciences/drug delivery
Languages: Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of laboratory and technical tools, such as thermal techniques, X-Ray powder diffraction and particle size analysis required.
- Proficient in utilization of special tools and equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities e.g., containment and sterile labs, and analytical tools such as LC-MS, etc.
- Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Very good communication skills. Good presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Experience with making nano and micro particle formulations desired