Cambridge Metro Area, MA
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to join the Translational Sciences research group in the Respiratory Disease Area within Institute for Biomedical Research, based at the research site in Cambridge, MA. In this challenging position, the successful candidate will form part of a team responsible for supporting target discovery and validation activities using translational preclinical models for respiratory diseases. In addition, this individual will support efforts to profile samples from patients. Working as part of a team, the focus of this laboratory based role is to perform and interpret data generated from in vitro studies using primary human cells and tissues. The ability and flexibility to undertake ex vivo analysis (RNA, cellular, and protein analysis) from patient samples will be required.
The individual will also be expected to engage in exchanges of methods, results and concepts with colleagues, prepare research reports, and present data at internal program meetings.
- Experienced in in vitro pharmacology, ideally using primary human cells from the lung and blood
- Ability to perform cellular, molecular and immunological techniques associated with analysis of human tissues and biological samples (e.g. primary cell isolations, FACS analysis, RNA isolations, immunoassays, gene quantification (TaqMan), etc )
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team
- Excellent written English
Desirable skills include, but are not limited to:
- Respiratory disease biology knowledge
- Experiences gained in an academic or industrial environment