Cambridge Metro Area, MA
- Independently design, execute and interpret innovative laboratory research in cellular biology and immunology.
- Work in a scientific team environment to determine and prioritize experiments that enable project decision-making and progression.
- Active contribution to lab and project teams, having tangible impact on the science and drug discovery Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Communicate these results regularly at team meetings.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature, as well as investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Development and execution of cell-based assays for compound characterization and contribution to establish novel methods.
- Open mindset and ability to learn novel techniques based on project needs.
- Demonstrated expertise across a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays such as primary cell work, flow cytometry, ELISA and molecular biology. Prior experience with one or more of the following preferred: cellular immunology, primary cell isolation, multi-panel immunophenotyping, T cell and B cell cell-based assays, cell isolation from primary tissues, immunological ex vivo bioassays.
- Understanding of in vitro and vivo disease models for testing candidate oncology therapeutics aimed at modulating the immune system.
- Experience with assay development and validation would be advantageous, as well as familiarity in working with in vivo mouse model.
- Scientific curiosity, initiative, commitment combined with efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, problem solving skills, high degree of flexibility.
- Track record of successful collaborations, open communication with different stakeholders, strong team player and networker.
- BS or MS and a minimum of 3-5 years related laboratory experience, working in a cell biology or immunology laboratory in biotech/pharma or academic environment.