Reserach Associate, Protein Biochemistry
Marin Metro Area, CA
- Execution of relevant experiments to support sample testing and development of analytical assays for biologics in development.
- Development of analytical methods using size exclusion, ion exchange, and reverse phase chromatograms, and capillary electrophoresis.
- Provide concise and quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results.
- Ensure laboratory equipment have current calibration and preventative maintenance documentations.
- Report progress to the manager on a regular basis on each program.
- Write up methods, qualification reports, results & share with collaborators and supervisor; present data proactively and regularly in group meetings; communicate plans and results to collaborators and manager iteratively.
- Catalogue data/reports electronically in an accessible manner for inspections.
- Good understanding of protein chemistry, structure, and function
- Knowledge in standard protein analysis methods (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP-HPLC, and CE)
- Hand-on experience in protein biochemistry (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, Immunoprecipitation)
- Collaborative skills to work in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
- Proven data analysis, interpretation and scientific communication skills
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Experienced in the area of mass spectrometry including LC-MS, GC-MS, and MALDI-TOF MS
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus
Agilent 6495 triple quadrupole and 6550 qTOF LC-MS systems, Agilent Bravo AssayMap and TECAN liquid handling systems, Waters and Agilent HPLC systems, and Beckman CESI 8000 Plus and PA800 capillary electrophoresis system.
Bachelor s degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, or chemistry and at least 2 years of relevant experience, or minimal experience with Masters.