Researcher II (UX Design & Research)
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
- We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow. We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
- The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design and product direction. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- As a User Experience Research Associate you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products.
- You ll help gather information needs from current and potential users of services, and help product teams identify opportunities to better serve them.
- We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
- Coordinating remote diary studies with research vendors around the world Evaluating response quality to remove noise in our data Curating datasets of information needs received from respondents Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data Responding to research inquiries from stakeholders Communicating findings from each study to the research lead and other stakeholders Creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.) Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI, Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu of degree, some related work experience.
- Experience with data analysis, statistics, and managing large data sets with scripting (Python preferred).
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Interest in general research and user research methods preferred. Comfortable with Unix/Linux environments preferred.