Marin Metro Area, CA
The Research Technician I, Technical Systems (RT I) function is to support activities in the BioAnalytical Sciences R&D and GLP compliant laboratories encompassing the areas of laboratory equipment maintenance, laboratory facility maintenance, GLP documentation, ordering and stocking laboratory supplies and reagent preparation. The RT I is responsible for routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation, reading of temperatures on controlled temperature environment (CTE) chambers, general laboratory facility maintenance for safety and compliance, good documentation practices, and mixing of common reagents. The RT I functions to maintain regulatory compliance and good business practices.
- Performs routine instrument/equipment maintenance to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Performs good documentation practices with instrument and equipment laboratory logbooks and ensures compliance in their documentation.
- Orders and restocks lab supplies and reagents
- Performs routine laboratory facilities checks to ensure proper maintenance and compliant use of the laboratory areas.
- Assists in the procurement, receiving, installment and repair of bioanalytical instrumentation and lab equipment.
- Ensures GLP-compliant laboratory operations.
- Participates in internal and external inspections and audits.
- Completes regular training on procedures and GLPs for compliance.
- Coordinates and performs common reagent preparation of wash buffers and other necessary routine reagents used in research and validated, GLP assays.
- Maintains and washes glassware
- Participate and contribute ideas in process improvement meetings
- Participates in projects or tasks assigned
- Maintains inspection readiness
- Minimum: Associates degree with one year of experience in a scientific discipline and experience as a laboratory technician, laboratory assistant, or sample processor
- Preferred: Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with 0-2 years of experince and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent.