Research Associate in Exploratory Toxicology
San Diego Metro Area, CA
The Research Associate in Exploratory Toxicology serves as an integral member of the toxicology team that supports early stage discovery and development of pharmaceuticals through screening or mechanistic assay development and implementation as well as support of operational activities within Nonclinical Development, San Diego.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Implement and validate protocols for cell based assays & contribute to experimental designs
2. Execute cell-based screening and mechanistic toxicity assays
3. Electronic laboratory notebook maintenance to record experimental details and results
4. Literature searches for targeted information
5. Analyze data and communicate experimental results to supervisor and Exploratory Toxicology group
6. Assist other members of Exploratory Toxicology as needed
Bachelor's degree in biology or related discipline with 4 years of relevant work experience. Position requires flexible work schedule and occasional weekend work.
FOCUS ON candidates that already have some cell culture exp & some exp with plate-based assays formats.
1. Strong verbal and written skills
2. Takes initiative and works independently
3. Works effectively in a collaborative team environment
4. Detailing experimental details and results in lab notebook
5. Data analysis, reporting & interpreting data
6. Characterization of gene expression changes (qPCR)
7. Characterization of protein?protein quantification, western blotting)
8. Cell culture: maintenance and propagation of cell lines; primary cell isolation & culture
9. Willingness to develop new laboratory skills
10. Some experience with laboratory automation preferred
11. Familiarity and ease of use with GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.