San Francisco Metro Area, CA
- Excellent cell culture skills for bacterial and human cell lines.
- Design and execute analytical techniques PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, fluorescence, colorimetric, chemiluminescence microplate assays, protein-protein interaction methods, protein and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis, western blotting, immunofluorescence and other cell-based detection methods, flow cytometry.
- Experience with transformation of bacteria and clone isolation and characterization.
- Experience with RNA, DNA, and protein isolation, purification, and evaluation methods required.
- Experience with viral and cell-based assays desired.
- Experience with automation desired.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience or minimal experience with Masters desired.
The selected candidate will work in the Analytical Chemistry group to assist in the advancement of therapeutics for clinical evaluation and potential commercialization. The candidate will be responsible for developing analytical methods and performing the work required for transfer of these methods to assay service groups in Analytical Chemistry and to the Quality Control group. The selected individual will work within Analytical Chemistry s Vector Biology and Immunochemistry team. The selected candidate should possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills and be a self-starter willing to work efficiently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.