San Diego Metro Area, CA
This position requires an individual with MS or BS degree in biology with 5 years of experience in biotech or pharma (or equivalent). Relevant technical skills include: designing and performing cell-based assays, compound treatment (including small molecules and/or biologicals) using automated drug dispensers and/or liquid handlers, cancer cell signaling analysis, MACS-based immune cell isolation from buffy coats, T-cell mediated cytotoxicity assays, multicolor flow cytometry, MSD and/or ELISA, Western blotting, Q-PCR and data analysis. Excellent cell culture technique is a must. Knowledge in E3 ubiquitin ligases or transcription factors is a plus. Experience with IncuCyte assays is a plus. Experience with genetic targeting (siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9) is a plus. Additional requirements include exhibiting strong scientific / reasoning skills, demonstrated scientific flexibility and commitment to excellence; strong organization skills and attention to details. The qualified candidate will be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain cell cultures (including BSL-2 level culture techniques) and characterize cancer cell lines.
- Perform QC of primary T-cell populations from healthy donors and patients using flow cytometry. Familiar with PBMC isolation from buffy coats and MACS to isolate selected immune populations.
- Perform T-cell mediated target cell killing assays using immune effector cells and target cells (co-cultures) in the presence of compounds.
- Perform cellular mechanism of action studies. Proficient with compound treatments (small and large molecules), MSD or ELISA, Western Blotting, BCA assay, PCR and multicolor FACS.
- Handling and compound treatment of human tissues including whole blood, buffy coats, PBMC, or bone marrow aspirates.
- Conduct assay development and validation experiments using various immunoassays across various platforms.
- Maintain electronic lab notebook and organize results into organized reports or presentations.
- Strong skill in multicolor flow cytometry techniques and analysis.
- Knowledge of immune cell functions, including T-cell biology.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Familiar with different cell based assays
- Familiarity with data management tools and software for analyzing data sets from various assay formats, including FlowJo and GraphPad Prism.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Familiar with calculating IC50 and other parameters from dose-response assays.
- Understanding of cancer biology, molecular biology and cell biology. Knowledge and experience with hematological malignancies is a plus.
- Assay development skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.