San Diego Metro Area, CA
You will work as part of a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team focused on the development of new and robust assays and workflows for sample-to-report products.
- Conducts experiments under direction of supervisor.
- Design and execution of high-throughput genotyping experiments using a combination of manual techniques and automated liquid handling systems
- Recognize potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays and associated hardware and equipment.
- Help plan, conduct, analyze and report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
- Execute verification and validation testing of Array assay workflows and automation protocols. Complete associated paperwork in accordance with appropriate good documentation practices
- Analyze large complex data sets
- Keep a laboratory notebook, write reports, and prepare presentations
- Deliver results in a fast-paced product development environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong laboratory and instrumentation skills.
- Experience with workflow verification/validation design-planning and execution methodology.
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols, including DNA amplification, labeling, purification, quantification, PCR, RT-PCR, hybridization, etc
- Familiarity with workflow development and optimization of workflow and hardware for biochemical assays a plus.
- Excellent lab notebook and documentation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, takes initiative, and self-motivated.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Desire to make an impact on human health
Preferred Skills and Experience
- DNA Array experience preferred.
- Proven record of troubleshooting assay/workflow processes to deliver root cause determinations
- Hands-on experience with complex reagent optimization.