San Diego Metro Area, CA
BS/MS in Science with 5 years of experience in biopharma
Must have mammalian protein expression experience
CHO and HEK293 experience required.
Experience with transient and stable protein expression are preferred.
Research associate with expertise in biologics drug discovery in Biotherapeutics
Proficiency with mammalian cell culture; protein expression--including antibody, bi- and multi-specific biologics; transient transfection and stable cell line generation (CHO/HEK293); molecular biology; and expression vector engineering are preferred.
Experience and knowledge with bioreactors, protein and antibody purification, flow cytometry, ELISA, Biacore or relevant kinetic assays and/or characterization would be a plus.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Conduct mammalian cell protein expression and molecular biology experiments for biotherapeutics development. Develop and optimize protein expression platforms.
2. Develop and assess conventional & custom expression vectors.
3. Optimize and conduct functional assays including ELISA and flow cytometry.
4. Documentation and record keeping.
5. Presentation of results at project and departmental meetings.
6. General lab duties such as organizing, stocking, preparing, and maintaining lab and reagents as required.