Marin Metro Area, CA
- The research associate will partner closely with a team of scientists from translation biology to provide technical assistance and support. He/She will primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction, and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Receive and manage samples
- Extract protein, DNA and RNA from cells and tissues samples
- Perform assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, PCR and western blot
- Maintain and expand cell culture
- Record and notebook-keeping
- Experience with handling animal tissues
- Experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, PCR, westerns, and/or cell culture is preferred
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
- 2+ Years Experience
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or Genetics.