Boston Metro Area, MA
Join the team in the Translational Sciences department as part of the biomarkers and bioanalytics group based in Framingham. This position will support biomarker research and assay development for lysosomal storage diseases through the identification, characterization, and quantification of biomolecules using mass spectrometry based assays.
Responsibilities for this position include sample preparation, mass spectrometry, and data analysis. The candidate will primarily support biomarker research for lysosomal storage diseases by performing glycosphingolipid analysis on preclinical and clinical samples. The candidate will also be involved in testing QC samples using enzyme activity assays on dried blood spots following approved SOPs and commercial reagents.
Responsibilities also include the following:
- Maintain an up to date sample inventory and electronic notebook
- Perform lab safety and hazardous waste inspections
- Communicate results either in small group meetings or in reports
- Hands on working experience in a biochemical, analytical, or clinical lab
- Experience with liquid chromatography and/or mass spectrometry is a plus
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical
- Effective time management
- Team oriented
- Good understanding of Microsoft office
- BS or MS