Research Associate II
Marin Metro Area, CA
- We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented individual to join the human genetics research group. The successful candidate will utilize the latest technologies to advance our therapeutic research and discovery efforts.
- Tasks will include the use of molecular biology technologies to assess genomic functions in vitro. The position requires adaptability, creativity, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals.
- Utilize high throughput molecular biology techniques to construct DNA libraries.\
- Purify plasmid DNA and analyze using Sanger sequencing, Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop and fluorescence-based assays.
- Mammalian tissue culture and DNA/RNA isolation.
- Analysis of gene expression and function by qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, Western and Flow Cytometry.
- Analysis of DNA by library preparation and next generation sequencing.
- Utilize data management software such as Excel, Prism, Geneious/SnapGene and computational analysis of genomic data using R, Perl or Python.
- Organizational and communication skills, time management, dependability and the ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential.
- Bachelors degree and at least 4 years of experience - OR -
- Masters degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- A working knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as PCR, electrophoresis, qRT-PCR, ELISA, DNA and protein purification as well as molecular cloning is preferred.