Research Associate I
Marin Metro Area, CA
- An ideal candidate will have experience in standard chromatographic and activity measurements and an interest in learning about biotechnology product development. A good scientific understanding of protein biophysical chemistry and activity assays is essential.
- Executing a wide variety of analytical methods and assays.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment, Managing sample testing, Coordinating sample transfer to and from other groups, Compiling sample testing results
- Should possess excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and be a self-starter willing to work efficiently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Execution of relevant experiments to support sample testing and development of analytical assays for biologics in development
- Aliquot, distribute and track samples for testing by various groups (including analytical chemistry and QC).
- Methods typically include biochemical (size, charge, reverse-phase, etc), as well as binding, activity, and internalization assays.
- Good understanding of protein chemistry, structure, and function
- Proven technical skills in running of biochemical, and/or bioassay methods for characterization of proteins, including experience performing cell-based methods.
- Collaborative skills to work in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
- Proven data analysis, interpretation and scientific communication skills
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Experienced in method development, qualification, and transfer Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus
- Bachelors degree in biological sciences and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- or minimal experience with Masters.