Research Associate I
Cambridge Metro Area, MA
Position: Research Associate I
Location: 700 Main Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Period: 05/29/2019 to 11/27/2020
Duration: 6 months
Req ID: 9082282
Maximum Submissions per Supplier 3
# of Positions:
Job Purpose (State briefly the overall objective of the job)
Work independently in supporting senior fellow in biopharmaceutics evaluations. Design, plan, and perform analytical experiments in order to test hypotheses and advance understanding of fundamental scientific principles. Interpret and report results.
Major Activities (Describe main activities)
- With minimal oversight from senior fellow, design and perform analytical scientific experiments.
- Standard and novel solubility and dissolution experiments of drug substance and drug product.
- Interpret results, evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions and write reports.
- Report and present results internally and contribute to publications and presentations if applicable.
- Utilize complex tools and equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities.
- Empower Chromatography software, Acquity UPLC, HPLC, QDa detectors, fi-ber optic systems and dissolution baths
- Electronic laboratory notebook (Cambridgesoft eLN) and ChemDraw
- Maintain infrastructure and equipment and required investments.
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team members.
- Work according to appropriate SOP s, HSE and company guidelines.
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance for this job is measured)
- Feedback from senior fellow.
- Adherence to company standards, in particular, quality, ethical, health, safety, and environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) standards.
- Contribution to increasing scientific understanding of the community
- Adherence to costs, quality, quantity and timelines for all assigned tasks.
Job Dimensions (Indicate key facts and figures)
Number of associates: 1
Financial responsibility (Budget, Cost, Sales, etc.): Laboratory materials and equipment.
Impact on the organization: Drive understanding of fundamental science and capabilities
Ideal Background (State the required education and experience levels)
Education (minimum/desirable): Minimum: BS in analytical science with 2-4 years lab experience
Desired: MS in analytical science with 0-2 years lab experience
Languages: Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of laboratory and technical tools.
- Proficient in utilization of special tools and equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities e.g. analytical tools such as UPLC.
- Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Literature search skills.
- Very good communication skills. Good presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.