Research Associate I/II
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, biochemistry or equivalent field.
- Experience in extraction and handling DNA, RNA, and clinical specimen is essential.
- Hands on experience with qPCR, RTqPCR, molecular biology and analytical methods are essential.
- Ability to work independently, organize and resolve basic problems, and critical thinking skills required.
- 1-3 years relevant experience. Experience in the device industry a plus.
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding. Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Plans and executes own work. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations.