Research Associate - Protein Analytics
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
SUMMARY:Looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Analytical Development team. Primary responsibility for the incumbent will be to support the developmental activities currently on going in the laboratory as assigned.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry preferred, Organic / Biochemistry considered
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience;
- Ideal candidate will have a background in analytical chemistry principles and hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentations commonly used in the analysis and characterization of drug candidates. Candidates with other scientific disciplines may be considered based on relevant experience.
- Experience in chemical/biological/immunological assays such as HPLC/UV and other spectrometric methodology, ELISA, Western blots, and general protein analytical methods.
- Experience in carbohydrate analysis desired, for example in HPAEC-PAD, colorimetric methods, HPLC, LC-MS.
- Understanding of basic principles of Analytical method development/ validation/ qualification concepts.
- Attention to detail and excellent skills in record keeping / documentation. Critical thinking and ability to analyse data
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats
- Ability to work under supervision in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and collaborate effectively with other team members. Eagerness and ability to learn and understand new concepts with ease.