Research Associate - Pharmacology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
With competent skills in laboratory animal science, work closely with the members of Preclinical Development to evaluate therapeutic candidates in animal models. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1-3 years experience with animal husbandry.
The candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all commonly utilized rodent biomethods. Working knowledge of laboratory animal health and welfare, as well as an understanding of Preclinical drug development processes
- Motivated self-starter that functions efficiently when working both independently, and in a small group setting.
- Perform blood collection via submandibular, retro-orbital, and cardiocentesis routes
- Perform necropsy and tissue collection for Non-GLP preclinical studies
- Experience establishing, and maintaining, study sample inventories in a cross-functional team setting
- Experience establishing, and maintaining, a laboratory supply inventory system; setting up vendor accounts, placing and receiving orders, tracking usage and anticipating supply needs
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible to shifting priorities
- Above average organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with planning and executing Preclinical in vivo studies. Ability to assist with the write-up of study protocols and reports
- Understanding of program timelines, with emphasis on specific deliverables