Research Associate - MALDI Mass Spectrometry
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
- Seeking a highly motivated and team oriented individual to work in their MALDI Imaging Mass Spectrometry laboratory.
- Major responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan and perform drug and metabolite distribution studies using MALDI Imaging MS in support of small molecule drug discovery
- Perform tissue cryo-sectioning and MALDI sample preparation
- Implementation of state-of-the-art MALDI imaging MS systems for data acquisition and analysis
- Data interpretation, report preparation and presentation of results to discovery project teams
- Effectively manage timelines and work closely with team members and customers in an international setting
- Experience using analytical chemistry technologies such as mass spectrometry
- Experience with tissue cryo-sectioning, MALDI sample preparation, and imaging data analysis is desirable
- Candidates must be able to work independently and participate effectively in team efforts
- Detail-oriented with expertise in problem solving
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- BS or MS in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or other related science. .