Research Associate - Cell Culture
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
We are seeking talented and highly motivated Research Associates to establish a cell-based assay for small molecule drug discovery screens. These individuals will collaborate closely with colleagues from our therapeutic area teams to develop assay strategies, design and build engineered cell lines, develop assays using a variety of readout technologies, execute screens, and follow-up hits. These individuals will also help establish our laboratories and the infrastructure for screening operations in collaborations with colleagues in our research infrastructure and data science teams.
Education and Experience:
Candidates for these positions should have a minimum of a BS/MS in a biological science discipline and at least 2 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or 5 years in an academic setting. Ideal candidates will have a depth of experience in molecular biology and cell-based assay development using a variety of assay platforms.
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in molecular and cell biology is required. Expertise with mammalian cell culture is required, experience with cell line engineering, lentivirus transduction, and Next Gen Sequencing methodologies is preferred.
- Expertise in cell-based assay development and screening using a variety of readout technologies such as ELISA, AlphaLisa, reporter gene, and gene expression-based assays is required.
- Experience and comfort with laboratory automation is preferred.
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications is required. Successful candidates will also have strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills and are required.
- The successful candidates will be ambitious and energetic self-starters, be motivated to apply their skills and creativity to target and drug discovery, and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.