Research Associate - Cell Culture
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
Openings are available for Research Associates in Assay Development and Molecular Screening. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates. The successful candidate will work with some direct supervision of a Scientist or Senior Scientist.
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or Cell Biology.
- 1 year hands on experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience working in a laboratory research environment in either industry or academia.
- Broad practical experience and knowledge in common cell biology laboratory procedures (cell culture, cell adhesion assay, ELISA, SDS/PAGE, Western blot, etc.)
- Experience with use of biological assays to characterize and optimize small molecules and data graphing analysis is an advantage.
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under supervision.
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data.
- Troubleshoot experiments, suggest improvements to supervisor.
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.