Research Associate, Histology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
In this position, the successful candidate will be proficient in tissue processing, sectioning, and immunohistochemistry techniques including antigen retrieval as well as dewaxing. Experience with immune cell marker staining and working with cancer tissue is highly desireable. The position reports to the Director of Biology. The candidate s expertise with immunohistochemistry, other histological methods will help us to discover and characterize novel tumor antigens and develop anti-tumor drugs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize experience in histological stains and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent techniques on mammalian tissue sections
- Responsible for tissue processing (FFPE and fresh frozen) and slide preparation
- Proper maintenance/tracking of collected samples and slides
- Generate experimental results using microscopy and perform Imaging Data Analysis
- Coordinate activities with project team members
- Discuss experiments and data to project team members
- General lab duties such as preparation of reagents and stocking of supplies
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- BS or MS, preferably in biology or related field; with at least 2 years of lab experience
- Absolutely Required: experience in tissue processing, histological slide preparation, and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining in mammalian tissues
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.