Research Associate, Histology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his basic science laboratory skills and expertise regarding histological tissue preparation and execution of tissue staining protocols (i.e.immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and simple stains) to contribute to the company s antibody-target characterization research. The position reports to the Director of Biology. The candidate s expertise with immunohistochemistry, other histological methods will help us to discover and characterize novel tumor antigens and develop anti-tumor drugs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize experience in histological stains and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent techniques on mammalian tissue sections
- Responsible for tissue processing (FFPE and fresh frozen) and slide preparation
- Proper maintenance/tracking of collected samples and slides
- Generate experimental results using microscopy
- Coordinate activities with project team members
- Discuss experiments and data to project team members
- General lab duties such as preparation of reagents and stocking of supplies
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- BS or MS, preferably in biology or related field; with at least 2 years of lab experience
- Absolutely Required: experience in tissue processing, histological slide preparation, and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining in mammalian tissues
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.