Research Associate, Cell and Molecular Biology
Marin Metro Area, CA
We are looking for highly motivated and hardworking Research Associate I/II for molecular biology and protein expression group to coordinate and perform activities required to generate high quality research grade material to support therapeutic programs
- Molecular Biology, Expression vector cloning and DNA sequencing
- Proficiency in DNA analysis softwares like Vector NTI SNAPGENE etc.
- ddPCR and qPCR based quantitation of AAV samples
- Protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Excellent record keeping abilities and accurate documentation of experiments in ELN
- Writing protocols and presenting data in project and team meetings
- Communicate and collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Compliance with the lab safety procedures
- Training opportunities will be available for additional techniques
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in laboratory setting
- Demonstrable experience of molecular biology techniques
- Practical knowledge of DNA purification and working knowledge of softwares like SNAPGENE and Vector NTI
- Experience with protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document data
- Highly motivated to work and actively contribute in the laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills and independent, multi-tasking and collaborative in a cross-functional team.
- Minimum requirement BS in Biology or Biochemistry and 2-4 years of relevant experience