Research Associate, Bioengineering
Newark Metro Area, NJ
Design, perform, and interpret experiments, with minimal supervision, to support analytical development objectives as part of a high throughput testing team working to support a CAR T cell therapy. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the analytical laboratory.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. The primary responsibility for this role is to provide analytical support for process development and characterization groups
2. With minimal supervision, design and execute/implement analytical experiments of moderate complexity
3. May conduct experiments/analysis independently and may assist other scientists/analysts with experiments employing various methodologies, including: cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, cell counting, microscopy, etc.
4. Critically analyze and interpret data using statistical methods.
5. Apply fundamental scientific knowledge to projects and problems in a positive manner.
6. Perform data analysis and summarize experimental results
7. Interact with QC and Process Development teams to advance analytical projects
8. Organize, record and maintain experimental data
9. Convey data analysis and interpretation to supervisor and colleagues with clarity and high level of accuracy.
10. Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
11. Assist other staff to complete all laboratory tasks as necessary
12. Document/review laboratory work using laboratory notebooks/worksheets that is detailed, timely and in compliance with GLP/cGMP requirements.
13. Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with company and OSHA policies/procedures
B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related discipline with 0 - 3 years of relevant experience (Manager open to PhD's as long as they are OK with the rate).
Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
Must have strong scientific knowledge appropriate for analytical development work
Experience in diverse analytical techniques (ELISA, flow cytometry) would be advantageous
Experience working in a regulated environment would be advantageous
Excellent verbal and written communication skills