Research Associate, Analytical Testing, Formulations Screening, Production
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
Support inhalation product development from pre-clinical stages to product approval by contributing in product manufacturing and analytical experiments.
Responsibilities under general guidance:
- Design experiments and conduct experimental work to support product development, formulation, and core knowledge of research programs.
- Support GXP and R&D process development and understanding of powder formulations.
- Prepare technical reports, draft standard operating procedures (SOPs), change controls, GXP investigations, and/or CoAs to summarize data and document experimental conclusions.
- Lead equipment maintenance activities.
- Proactively communicate project status and concerns to management.
- B.S. with 2-3+ years or M.S. with 0-2+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience at different stages of development.
- In-depth knowledge in at least one relevant field: HPLC, GC, KF moisture testing, particle size analysis, MDI/DPI performance testing.
- Experience in a GMP environment is preferable.
Physical Demands & Work Environment :
As part of the regular duties for this job, a candidate must:
- Be able to wear respiratory protection for shifts up to the length of time prescribed by the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Be able to work with various chemicals identified under California Proposition 65, once given proper protective equipment.
- Have sufficient dexterity to don and doff clean room clothing over normal work attire.
- Be capable of operating a computer and sitting for extended periods.
- Some lifting required (not more than 25 lbs.)
- Must be willing to shave facial hair if applicable for respirator use as part of lab responsibilities as needed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.