Cambridge Metro Area, MA
- Seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Molecular Histology and Applied Imaging (MHAI) group within Translational Sciences. The candidate must have basic laboratory skills and a solid understanding of tissue-based assays including immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence. He/she must be willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary research team.
- Develop, implement, and troubleshoot immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunofluorescence (IF), and/or in situ hybridization (ISH) protocols on frozen and paraffin-embedded mouse, non-human primate, and human tissues and cell lines.
- Perform whole slide scanning for Brightfield and fluorescence stained slides.
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping.
- Communicate with supervisor and other personnel within the group to ensure results are being delivered against timelines.
- 2+ years of technical/laboratory experience
- Basic microscopy skills (Brightfield and/or fluorescence)
- Able to run immunohistochemistry assays independently. Experience using Leica and/or Ventanta autostainers is a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with whole slide scanners (Aperio, Zeiss, and/or Perkin Elmer)
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills.
- BA/BS degree in a related science