San Jose Metro Area, CA
As a Release Manager, you are a part of the culture and productivity of the team. The ideal candidate will be able to gracefully balance schedule dependencies with engineering sprints while managing a sustainable release process. Coordinating the efforts of a large project team is a big responsibility; the Release Manager needs to be both focused and agile in navigating the complexities of the development cycle.
- Work closely with business & engineering teams to create a full release schedules and business goals behind each release.
- Clearly communicate issues, impact, and possible options as they arise, and develop action plans through partner collaboration.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into incidents affecting the team or players.
- Ensure the team is complying with all requirements and deadlines for release.
- Identify and remove roadblocks that prevent the team from performing to their highest potential.
- Provide regular status on the state of releases, risks, and mitigation.
- Track and identify recurring problems and create an action plan to address them
- Handle multiple incoming escalations appropriately
- 2 or more years experience managing web and mobile client releases.
- Preferred prior release management experience within a larger organization.
- Strong cross-team communication skills.
- You can talk to technical people (e.g. programmers) and non-technical people (e.g. Legal, Privacy, PR and Marketing) alike.
- When conflicts occur, you bring people together, you listen, you mitigate, and you resolve. Dealing with ambiguity.
- There is no instruction manual on how to be a great Release Manager.
- You use your instincts, experiences, and team to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
- Exceptional project management and organization Skills.
- You are detailed and organized.
- You never let anything fall through the cracks.
- You are clear, concise, and specific. You understand, track, and ensure that release data is 100% accurate.