QC Associate Chemist
Atlanta Metro Area, GA
- Conducts QC analytical testing of raw materials and in process samples as required to support contact lens production. Performs tasks according to approved SOP s, methods, and procedures in compliance with cGMP, FDA regulations and Corporate Quality Policies.
- Conducts analysis and data collection necessary to support release of raw materials, parts, packaging components, in-process samples, and formulations produced
- Proper use of analytical equipment, such as GC, HPLC, UV-Vis, FTNIR, IR, Titrations, USP Monograph Testing, Viscometer, Particle Size Analyzer, GPC.
- Completes documentation relating to material analysis and enters data into database/software systems; such as MES, SAP or LIMS.
- Provides technical input on observed issues with methods, procedures, and practices.
- Conducts lab/ nonconformance investigations, and special projects as assigned.
- Completes and participates in training activities which maintain or improve laboratory skill sets and practices.
- Defines and works on resolving technical problems within defined scope and within level of expertise.
- Actively works in a team environment and participates in natural work groups and increases productivity.
- Assists with method implementation and/or method transfer and equipment qualification activities as assigned
- Minimum: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university (no biology degrees)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in an analytical laboratory in a regulated industry
- Operating at least two of the following analytical instruments or systems: GC, HPLC, UV-Vis, FTNIR, IR, Titrations, USP Monograph Testing, Viscometer, Particle Size Analyzer, GPC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English Required.
- Highly motivated, goal orientated achiever with ability to prioritize and organize own work semi-independently.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel and demonstrated application of problem solving/trouble shooting tools