San Mateo Metro Area, CA
In partnership with the UX Lead and designers, App developers the UX Project Manager will facilitate coordination of all UX Research, User Testing, UI Design and Development tasks into a plan and drive execution at the Team level together with the UX lead. The Project Manager responsibilities will focus in 3 key areas to enable execution of the Mobile App and Portal UX within the agreed-upon constraints of scope, time and cost:
1) Facilitate effective planning using Agile methodologies, to define UX tasks with the Team to define plan, timelines, critical path and identification of resources responsible to execute to plan
2) Drive execution of Team activities to meet project and design control deliverables
3) Facilitate project team communications and collaboration, in partnership with other key business stakeholders and Partners to promote a collaborative team environment and maintaining positive team dynamics, decision making and on time execution.
A variety of processes and tools will be used to manage the information flow & meetings (communication), team dynamics, budget, schedule, compliance and project risk management.
B.S. or B.A. degree (preferably in Engineering or UX)
3-5 years relevant business and/or technical experience in Software applications with heavy emphasis on UX in Mobile and web form factor
3 years Program or Project Management experience in Mobile and Web Applications
Qualified candidates must have a proven track record leading development projects and an in-depth knowledge to apply project management methodologies
Scope of Requirements:
Collaboration and Teamwork
1. Team building: Assess team dynamics and lead team development activities to enable high performing team environment
2. Establish relationships and network with other stakeholder teams and PMs as needed
1. Develop and adapt project communication tools (e.g. timelines, dashboards) to drive awareness of project progress & risks.
2. Facilitate timely project decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution
3. Liaise with other teams and sub-teams to address cross-functional activities, issues & risks.
Project Process Management
1. Strategic Direction: Leads translation of strategy into project plans and deliverables, communicates plans to the team and key stake holders as appropriate
2. Project Planning & Execution:
Schedule: Develop, monitor, and control the detailed UX Team project schedule.
Oversee project plan execution for deliverables and milestones.
Lead project deliverable integration with Teams associated with the product deliverables.
3. Meetings: Facilitate Team meetings with meaningful desired outcomes, minutes & follow ups as needed.
4. Knowledge Management: Ensure team access to all relevant project information
5. Project Issue & Risk Management: Facilitate resolution of Team issues and conflicts
Other job requirements include:
o Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage complex projects with multiple priorities in a fast paced, ever-changing, team-based environment.
o Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, presentation, organizational and relationship-building skills required.
o Proficiency with Agile Software and UX development process, tools like JIRA, Confluence