New Jersey All, NJ
The Project Coordinator is an entry level Project Management position supporting the Project Managers in planning & executing global drug development projects from concept to commercialization. The Project Coordinator could also be independently responsible for managing early drug development projects. The Project Coordinator is expected to quickly become familiar with project management methodology & come up to speed in a number of technical & commercial disciplines in order to effectively support new drug development. The Project Coordinator is expected to seamlessly interact with Team members, functional areas, and outside experts to achieve the project goals while meeting the quality, timeline, & cost expectations.
The Project Coordinator will help Project Manager by scheduling meetings, preparing draft meeting minutes, review action items & follow-up on the logistics needs of the project teams. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for updating various systems on the current status of projects with regards to timelines, resources, and budgets.
Additionally, the Project Coordinator will support the Head of the Department in a number of initiatives designed to enhance Project & Portfolio Management. The Project Coordinator will assist in the generation of metrics, analytics, and reports to gain operational excellence in drug development across the company.
- Assist the Project Managers in leading cross-functional development teams to achieve product development goals
- Under the Project Manager s guidance, use preferred project methodology to generate: high quality integrated development, risk management and communication plans
- Under Project Manager s guidance, develop and maintain detailed timelines, budgets, and resource utilization
- Maintain Project Team related documents, e.g., agendas and minutes, action plans, etc. in the appropriate repository
- Update the drug development system (DDMS) and financial planning (RADO) databases with current status on timeline, resource, and budget
- Assist Head of the Department in achieving Department goals
- Minimum BS/BA degree in life sciences, pharmacy or related field
- PMP Certification is preferred but not required
- A minimum of 2+ years of combined functional and project management experience in drug development
- Strong background in basic or clinical sciences is preferred
- Experience with Windows and MS Office including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Project
- Experience in working with other planning software (e.g. Planisware) a plus
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and analytical skills