Program Manager I
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
This role will include overseeing and tracking a complicated technical project, understanding the technical discussions in every aspect of Android from Software to Hardware.
- This person will work with cross-functional teams that span across Android, including daily interactions with Engineering and Product Management.
- Manage the project status and provide a regular report.
- Understand technical discussions with Engineers, triage bugs and follow up with Engineers and Product Managers to provide deliverables on time.
- Proofread the technical document and suggest corrections for misspelling, grammatical and possibly other errors.
- BA/BS degree Computer Science and/ or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Program Manager role supporting Android OS.
- Experience with Android programming is a plus.
- Experience in technical support, bug triage and project management.
- Proficiency working with Android devices, MS Office and/or Google Docs & bug tracking systems.
- Proficiency in generating reporting and/or creating ad hoc reports
- Proficiency in using Google Spreadsheet (or MS Excel), comfortably using pivot tables and functions which includes learning other features quickly.
- Verbal and written communications skills at a high level of interface with cross functional teams.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Working in Android OS. Ability to manage, prioritize and deliver on conflicting priorities.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Strong aptitude for persuasion and negotiation.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality.