San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
About Android Auto:
This program was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto s mission is to bring a safe and seamless connected experience to every car.
About the role:
The UX team is looking for a Production Designer to help craft our user experience guidelines for our internal teams and external partners. These guidelines are for both our products: Android Auto and Android Automotive OS.
These guidelines will be critical in enabling our OEM and third-party partners to design and develop their car interfaces. They re equally as important for our internal teams who depend on our guidelines and specifications when designing and building for our products.
You must be able to organize and visualize complex information across several locations in a simple and consistent manner. We're looking for someone to learn the technical and design context for Android Auto, and proactively drive development of these guidelines.
Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features. Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- 3-4 years of experience designing outstanding software-based products or apps
- Experience defining design systems that work across a product
- Experience documenting technical information
- Solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces. Solid HTML skills
- Strong visual design sense
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with software engineers/developers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships