Houston Metro Area, TX
- Work with Cataract and Vitreoretinal R&D groups on development projects resulting in achieving R&D s project goals. Tasks include supplier evaluation/qualification, component qualification, managing prototype builds, assuring assembly process is developed and documented, assure BOM s are entered and maintained correctly, assure product costs are accurate and rolled, conduct Production Readiness Review.
Support Product transfer projects either into or out of plant
- Identify and qualify alternate materials and/or components for either risk mitigation or because of obsolescence.
- Maintain adequate supply of purchased components through contact with Procurement and the Suppliers. Qualify tooling and equipment as required to assure capacity.
- Address any component or product quality issue assigned, determining root cause and completing corrective action.
- Address any requests from other departments related to BOM s and components.
- Manage product labeling.
- Identify and qualify Cost Improvements.
|- Communicates clearly.|
- Speaks/writes English.
- Works well with others.
- Has leadership capability and is self starter.
- Ability to learn and retain many complex processes quickly.
- Focuses on detail/quality.
- Experience writing technical protocols/reports.
- Ability to use MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Project.
- Root cause analysis experience to determinine cause of issues.
- Experience in Medical Device industry - Manufacturing / Design / Quality Engineering fields- preferred.
- 1-10 years experience in an engineering or scientific R&D or manufacturing environment preferred.