Process Development Chemist
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Responsible for the development of new oligo or Reagent/Sub Assembly processes, transfer into Production and continuous improvement of existing processes.
- Provides oligo or Reagent/Sub Assembly process support to other Operations Groups.
- Provides support to Operations groups
- Assists in the development of manufacturing processes to transfer oligos or reagents/sub-assemblies to Manufacturing
- Assists with the creation of documents/change control packages in support of the transfer process.
- Coordinates these with the Technical Writer if applicable.
- Executes process validation protocols
- Originates simple change controls
- Participates in cost savings and process improvement activities
- Installs and validates new instruments or equipment.
- Participates in the notebook, development and pilot builds per written directions
- Completes ERP and cycle count transactions
- Stocks and maintains lab supplies
- Keep accurate records and documents
- Maintains lab under cGMP conditions
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Intermediate Change Control skills
- Working knowledge of the appropriate analytical techniques (either for oligos or reagents)
- Strong math skills
May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 25 pounds in weight, and/or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 10 pounds in weight frequently or continuously.
BS degree, or equivalent, in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or equivalent.