Patient Support Coordinator
Newark Metro Area, NJ
The Patient Support Coordinator will be responsible for serving as a support to the Patient Support Specialist who is the single point of contact for healthcare providers/patients for their reimbursement and access needs in his/her geographic area. The Coordinator will help patients and healthcare providers navigate through navigate insurance and financial related assistance. This position reports to the Manager of Patient Support and Reimbursement.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a reimbursement navigator for patients, healthcare providers and specialty pharmacies that opt into Patient Support service offerings for both oral and IV Hem/Onc products.
- Support the Patient Support Specialists in managing case loads within their geographic areas and provide seamless coverage for other Patient Support Specialists case loads when necessary.
o Provide timely resolution to open cases
o Communicate with the patient/authorized representative, healthcare provider and
specialty pharmacy regarding case-related updates and to appropriately manage expectations
o Ability to manage critical conversations with patients, healthcare providers and pharmacies
o Multi-task different geographies from day to day
o Comprehensive assessment of each case to determine appropriate avenue to maximize patient access to company products.
- Provide timely response to reimbursement/access related questions
- Identify alternative resources available, i.e. insurance or financial-related assistance
- Provide information and education on Medicare Part D enrollment
- Determine eligibility for Company Patient Assistance Program
- Provide support to customers in the implementation of Company REMs programs
- Develop and maintain an understanding of market access challenges. Act as subject matter expert and educate patients, healthcare providers and internal cross-functional partners.
- Effective collaboration within a team to enhance access of products.
- Effectively work with reimbursement vendor to determine patient eligibility for assistance.
- Bachelor s degree required. 2+ years experience in hematology/oncology, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry preferred. RN, RPH, MSW, CPhT or billing experience a plus
- Has knowledge of IV and oral product reimbursement
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, including both private and government payer landscape
- Utilize critical thinking to problem-solve access challenges
- Apply emotional intelligence
- Empathetic listening skills to interact effectively with patients and providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead presentations that effectively impact understanding of key messages
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to balance independent priorities with the priorities of the team/organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and self-prioritize workload
- Proven experience resolving customer issues
- Works with all members of a team effectively
- Willingness to travel a plus
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts (8am-5pm, 9am-6pm, 10am-7pm)
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking a plus