Open Access Lab Technician
Cambridge Metro Area, MA
- We are looking for a technically skilled candidate to maintain our fleet of open access LC-UV-MS and SFC-MS purification instruments. You will be part of an Open Access Purification team supporting synthetic Chemists with their sample purification needs. Training will be provided, as needed.
- Act as the primary support technician for purification instrumentation within the Open Access labs of our Chemistry department in Cambridge, MA.
- Keep instruments running at their optimum performance through proactive preventive maintenance.
- Monitor performance of equipment by following QC protocols
- Ensure methods are robustly delivering optimum performance by scheduling regular recovery experiments
- Quickly respond to and diagnose instrument failures, where you may fix the easier issues, or work with the vendor to fix the more complicated ones.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and instrument users.
- Participate constructively in teams and lab meetings
- Offer assistance to co-workers and be point of contact for prep open access systems.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for commonly used replacements.
- Monitor trends in service requests and implement corrective actions to improve operational efficiency and reduce downtime of the instruments.
- A successful candidate will have 2-5 years experience in an industry setting as a Lab Technician or BS in scientific discipline such as chemistry, or engineering and 1-3 year experience.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and remedy advanced hardware and software problems.
- Good personal and communication skills and maintain a professional customer focus within the workplace.
- Individual must be self-motivated, well-organized, reliable, and able to prioritize workload.
- Conduct activities in compliance with Novartis safety, waste disposal and other regulatory guidelines.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- A basic understanding of purification HPLC/SFC and MS techniques, instrumentation and underlying principles is required and experience desired
- Basic laboratory skills including preparing solvents, standards, and solutions preps
- Strong PC skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office