San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Network architecture, design and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of edge networks and WAN architectures, including protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and strategies such as capacity planning, routing policies.
- Conducts network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems.
- With minor supervision, implements solutions that have limited system-wide impact.
- Escalates issues with broader implications for entire network to higher level network. Utilizes monitoring tools to capture and analyze network traffic, maintain uptime, generate usage reports, spot trends, and report any anomalies to supervisor.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as directed with limited assistance.
- Creates and maintains network documentation and diagrams as needed when assets are added or removed.
- Provides users with network technical support.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware in accordance with Change Management processes.
- Assists with core network tasks such as configuring switches, routers, vlan's, firewall management etc.
- Sets up, configures, and maintains vlan, trunking (802.1q as well as ISL). Deploys and configures Cisco Switches, routers, core switches and other network gear.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as well as strong project management, negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Must have good understanding of Network Industry Standards and Network Security Practices.
Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline Deep technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects Proven track record to translate business requirements into solutions and implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget Influencing skills over a wide spectrum of management and technical contacts
12+ years of hands on IT experience in Cisco/Arista network Infrastructure Technologies.
Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and advanced problem-solving skills.
Experience with the following technologies:
- Advanced TCP/IP
- OSI 7 layer model
- Routing protocols, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP
Bachelors Degree in a technical Discipline