Molecular Biology Research Associate
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- BS / MS Molecular Biology or related with experience in molecular biology and plasmid cloning.
Excellent mammalian cell culture technique.
MUST HAVE: Fluorescent microscopy, qPCR, Westerns, cell proliferation assays, shRNA, CRISPR.
Working knowledge of proteomic sample preparation & immunoprecipitation is desired.
Experience using cancer cell models is desired.
- Design and conduct in vitro cell biology experiments using mammalian cell lines.
- Perform mechanism of action experiments with compounds and genetic manipulation.
- Perform DNA/RNA/Protein analyses including qPCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and mass spectrometry as necessary for each experiment.
- Develop and optimize new assays for various projects.
- Plasmid cloning: Gateway & Restriction cloning, Mutagenesis, PCR.
- Help set up a proteomics sample preparation workflow and create new technologies.
- Prompt notebook documentation. Present and publish findings.
- Highly experienced in molecular biology and plasmid cloning.
- Excellent mammalian cell culture technique.
- Fluorescent microscopy, qPCR, Westerns, cell proliferation assays, shRNA, CRISPR.
- Working knowledge of proteomic sample preparation & immunoprecipitation is desired.
- Experience using cancer cell models is desired.
- Data analysis and data handling skills: Must be fluent using Windows PC & Excel. Knowledge of Python, R, Knime, or Vortex is a plus.
- Previous industrial or academic lab experience in gene function studies.
- Excellent organization and communication.