San Diego Metro Area, CA
- BS/MS in Microbiology (preferred) or Biology
- 1-5 years of experience in GMP / FDA regulated microbiology laboratory
- Routine microbiological testing of raw materials, in-process and finished product
- Perform tests on liquid and plated microbiological media to determine growth promoting properties
- Test water used in production operations to detect harmful microorganisms and to obtain information about sources of contamination.
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms on environmental monitoring plates.
- Maintain data for environmental monitoring which is used to provide information for quarterly and annual reports. Provide data for other technical reports as required.
- Assist in monitoring aseptic manufacturing operations.
- Assist in Chemistry performing general titration assays, IEF, pH, release of incoming materials.
- Perform failure/ OOS investigations when it occurs.
- Review and revise SOP when necessary